Question by Renata: What company has a good reputation for mortgage refinancing in this market?
I’m in Wisconsin.
Answer by mclass920
I had good luck with Option One until they sold my mortgage.
I did not like Wachovia at all. right now I’m with Citicorp- they’re good. best of luck.
What do you think? Answer below!
What state are you in?
Generally I’d advise starting with a local broker or bank in your area. For good recommendations ask people you know who they used and how they liked them. If that fails then go with your local chamber of commerce or BBB.
I’m partial to State Farm Bank (unless you’re in Rhode Island) and Bank of America.
The Government controls much the mortgage business.
President Bush have implemented an FHA refinance program called “FHASecure”. To qualify, borrowers must meet 5 criteria:
1) History of timely mortgage payments before their adjustable rate increased
2) Rate will re-set between June 2005 and December 2009
3) 3% equity in home or 3% cash
4) Sustained employment history
5) Income must meet qualifying guidelines
I found interesting information about your answer & the best options here. (mortgage opportunitty refinancing )